To follow up on my previous blog post regarding Radius from Windows 2003 to Windows 2012 due to the End-of-life of Windows 2003 on July 14th 2015, I will continue down this track and provide you with a simple guide to migrate the File server from a source server, running on Windows 2003 to target server on Windows 2012 R2.
– (On the Target Server) Run below command to start the Initial copy of the data.
robocopy \\source_server\source_folder <Drive letter>:\target_folder /e /zb /copyall /log: <Drive letter>:\:\initial_copy.log
– (On the Source Server): Export below registry key
– (On Source server) Stop Sharing the shares in “Computer Management > Shared Folders > Shares
– (On the Target Server) Run below command to start the incremental/Finial copy of the data
robocopy \\source_server\D$\source_folder <Drive letter>:\:\target_folder /e /zb /mir /log: <Drive letter>:\:\mirror_copy.log
– (On the Source Server): Import below registry key that you just have exported in the “Step 2”